First of all, is influencer marketing B2B or B2C? If you’re looking for the simple answer, it’s both! Despite the fact that 9/10 brands use influencer marketing to reach their target audiences, people often forget that B2B makes up a large slice of that pie. That’s why we’re here today: to demystify the lesser-known side of influencer marketing, discuss its main benefits, and explain how you can use B2B Influencers to grow your business like never before.
What Exactly is Influencer Marketing?
To explain the benefits of B2B, let’s take a look at the bigger picture. Influencer marketing is about introducing your brand to new audiences using the faces and voices they already trust. The general goal, like all advertising, is to build awareness, relationships, and leads for your brand. And, just like social media, the main indicators of success are engagement and conversions. B2B influencer marketing is no exception.
Influencers are recognized and respected thought leaders, bloggers, and professionals who reach thousands to millions of loyal followers interested in their particular field. For businesses, these followers can be leveraged as an audience of potential customers. Influencers use their platforms to create conversations around products, provide insight into key target audiences, and create strong, long-lasting relationships with potential customers. Maybe that’s why 94% of marketers agree that influencer marketing is an effective tactic that can lead to big wins.
So, how does influencer marketing work for B2B? Let’s delve in.
What is B2B Influencer Marketing?
One of the biggest differentiators of B2B and B2C influencers is how we define and measure the term “influence.” Rather than being analyzed on their followers, personality, and lifestyle, B2B influencers are looked upon to lend more credibility and industry expertise.
While B2C creators can amplify brand awareness and boost sales for both mass and niche audiences, B2B creators focus more on lead generation, referrals, and long-term solutions. It’s all about using their charisma to build trust, authority, and customer loyalty.
- As mentioned above, audience size is another easy-to-spot difference between B2B and B2C. While the sweet spot for B2C is usually between Micro to Mid-tier Influencers, with tens to hundreds of thousands of followers, B2B strategies most often leverage Nano-Influencers – with audience sizes below 10k.
Looking to Boost Brand Awareness & Engagement?
Our B2B Influencer Marketing specialists are here to help you succeed!
The Benefits of B2B Influencer Marketing
There are many benefits to using B2B influencers for your business, as they can play an essential role in establishing and maintaining client retention.
They can help build loyalty and credibility that can even lead to advocacy on behalf of your brand, with the end-game goal being to manage long-term relationships and build a network of repeat customers. And while the same can be said for all influencer marketing efforts, it’s especially crucial in the B2B realm due to the finite nature of potential customers.
Let’s delve into some of these major benefits of B2B influencer marketing:
- Building credibility and authenticity: B2B influencers can add credibility and authenticity to your brand’s content. When these influencers endorse your products or services, it helps to establish trust with your target audience.
- Expanding reach and visibility: By partnering with influencers with a strong following in your industry, you can tap into their existing audience and expand your reach. This can help you connect with potential customers who may not have known your brand otherwise.
- Driving targeted traffic and leads: B2B influencers can help drive targeted traffic to your website or landing pages. Their endorsement can encourage their followers to visit your site and engage with your content, resulting in qualified leads for your business.
- Enhancing thought leadership: Collaborating with industry influencers can position your brand as a thought leader in your niche. When influencers endorse your expertise or share your content, it helps to strengthen your brand’s reputation and authority.
- Fostering long-term relationships: B2B influencer marketing is not just about one-off collaborations. It’s about building long-term relationships with influencers who align with your brand values and target audience. These relationships can lead to ongoing partnerships and advocacy for your brand.
Measuring Brand Awareness
To retain customers, you need to obtain them, and in order to obtain them, they need to know what your brand is all about and what it has to offer. The problem is that brand awareness isn’t the easiest thing to quantify, but there are strategies you can employ:
- One example is tracking the number of times a specific file, like a white paper, has been downloaded following an influencer’s endorsement.
- Another way to measure brand awareness is by examining the influx of visitors to a particular landing page that your influencer marketing campaign was promoting.
- Lastly, you could time-gate and observe a surge in brand mentions on platforms like Sprout Social and Google Alerts during an influencer campaign.
Key Ingredients for an Effective B2B Influencer Campaign
Analytics Lead to Authenticity
In general, Influencer Marketing thrives on the power of authenticity. The more relevant your content is, the more easily your product will be received by a new audience. B2B products don’t fit into everyday consumer conversations as organically as B2C products tend to, so creating a genuine interest in your brand requires digging a bit deeper.
- To assemble the best team of influencers, it is crucial to gather data and insights on optimal posting times, individuals best suited for the task, and the content that would engage your target audience most effectively.
The importance of understanding both your target audiences and influencers cannot be overstated in any influencer marketing, but it’s especially true in the B2B arena.
As you assess your market and define your buyer personas, make sure to get into the specifics of the different kinds of decision-makers involved. Understanding their roles in the process, their challenges, and their concerns are crucial for accurately tailoring your solutions to their needs.
Showcase Data-Driven Results
Creating a unique positioning is pivotal in standing out from the crowd in B2B marketing. Unlike a new B2C product, your corporate decision-makers have likely heard almost every kind of pitch about yours in their inboxes.
To stand out, you need to speak the B2B language – numbers. Develop a narrative that addresses the current challenges your potential buyers are facing, then present your product solution as a fresh approach they haven’t explored. Just don’t forget the data to back up!
- Employ metrics like customer satisfaction scores, ROI results, new revenue streams, and cost savings to help your buyers understand the value of your product or service.
Specialized Content and Segmented Audiences
In addition to effective brand positioning, content personalization can help your brand stand out in a new market. According to a study by Forrester, a whopping 77% of consumers have chosen, recommended, or paid more for brands that provide personalized marketing services or experiences. That’s just one more reason why data-driven B2B influencer marketing is so important. Personalizing content requires knowing your audience.
Start by segmenting audiences based on their preferences, behaviors, and past engagements. This will allow you to provide tailored messaging that resonates with them in a more meaningful way.
- Once you’ve identified your target groups, create exclusive content such as guides or white papers devoted to each one. B2B content should always feel natural, timely, and helpful, and this unique content can achieve just that.
Focus on the Future
The initial interactions and transactions you make are extremely critical as they set the tone for your future business relationships. Treat these first leads as opportunities to establish enduring, mutually beneficial partnerships.
Remember that influencer marketing for B2B is not just about securing sales but also building a database of leads and insights on the decision-makers you’re selling to. That’s why planting the seeds of a long-term relationship is crucial in the early stages.
The B2B world is too well connected for your reputation to be tarnished by something as simple as bad customer service or choosing the wrong influencer to promote your brand. Maintaining regular contact with decision-makers and providing unending support is crucial in building a strong reputation.
Follow the Feedback
Lastly, feedback from your early customers can provide invaluable insights to help you better understand your new market. After a successful transaction, consider conducting a reflective interview with your client, where you can learn more about your performance and areas for improvement.
This not only aids in growth, but also deepens your relationship with the client. With a feedback-adjusted B2B influencer marketing strategy, you can drastically improve your KPIs and obtain amazing new brand opportunities.
Interested in data-driven results that follow these best practices?
Our B2B Influencer Marketing specialists are here to help you succeed!
The Bottom Line
In the competitive B2B landscape, businesses must capitalize on every avenue to gain an edge. B2B influencer marketing serves as a powerful tool to amplify brand messages, build trust, and ultimately drive business growth. It’s not only a quickly growing trend – it’s a game-changer.
B2B Influencer Marketing Done Right
If you’re looking to tap into this powerful marketing arena, look no further than an expert influencer marketing agency like Moburst. Our comprehensive influencer marketing solutions help the world’s top brands establish meaningful connections with the right influencers for their marketing strategy.
Firstly, we identify key influencers in your industry who will resonate with your target audience. Secondly, we facilitate collaborations between your business and these influencers, ensuring that messaging is authentically woven into their content. Lastly, we monitor and analyze the performance of these campaigns, adjusting strategies as necessary to maximize ROI and over-achieve your KPIs.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a B2B marketing strategy?
B2B marketing literally stands for “business to business” marketing and is as straightforward as it sounds. Rather than selling to consumers, these businesses offer products and services designed to provide solutions for other businesses. B2B companies can witness outstanding growth by leveraging the audiences of B2B influencers.
What are B2B influencers?
B2B Influencers are typically industry experts on a particular topic who provide the unique power to resonate with your B2B audiences. They illuminate your existing content to help build brand awareness and desirability and can allow you to network with industry professionals in your field that are otherwise unreachable.
How can you measure B2B influencer marketing ROI?
Start by defining your goals, selecting relevant KPIs, and choosing an appropriate marketing strategy or data-driven agency to help you formulate a strategy. Next, budget all associated costs before monitoring your campaign for KPIs like impressions, engagement, and conversions, to name a few. To optimize your returns, you need the data to help you selectively invest in the creators and content types that are most likely to lead to conversions.